Lemon juice is full of benefits and properties, which can naturally help the body, in addition to its high nutritional content, it can also prevent and cure diseases that you cannot imagine, without investing a lot of money and easily. Many nutritionists recommend it to be included in the diets, this rich fruit is very easy to prepare just have to squeeze a couple of lemons, add a little water, sweetener and start enjoying the benefits that the juice can offer your body of lemon. However, because it is a drink whose acid taste can influence that all people do not like it, but we must tell you that this fruit has a high nutrient content that includes vitamin C, B vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and fiber Even some researchers say that by drinking lemon juice we are consuming a large amount of potassium, than apple juice or grapes. Pay close attention to the following information although a simple solution is to opt for some sweetener in order to modify its flavor a bit. However, we must take special care in the sweetener we choose, not being advisable to opt for white sugar as it is an unhealthy option and full of empty calories. With this in mind, it is better to choose brown cane sugar, brown sugar or honey.
Due to the high acid content of lemon juice, it could damage the tooth enamel, so it is important to dilute it in water at any temperature. It is generally recommended to take it first thing in the morning and wait 15 to 30 minutes to have breakfast. This will help you receive the benefits of water with lemon, which are detailed below.
Lemon Juice Nutrients:
100 grams of Lemon Juice contain:
- 35 grams of protein.
- 24 grams of fat.
- 9 grams of carbohydrates.
- 3 grams of fiber.
Lemon Juice Contain:
There are 22 calories in 100 grams of Lemon Juice, the 1% of your total daily needs.
- It contains 0.24 grams of fat and 0 mg of Cholesterol.
- The minerals present in juice of lemon are potassium (103 mg), phosphorus (8 mg) or calcium (6 mg) but not fluoride.
- They contain some important vitamins: vitamin A (6 IU), vitamin C (38.7 mg) or vitamin B-9 (20 mg).
18 Benefits of Lemon Juice That are Not Known:
1. Protects Immune System:
- Vitamin C is like the jumper cables of our immune system, and lemon juice is full of it.
- The level of vitamin C in your system is one of the first things that collapses when stressed, so experts recommend extra vitamin C during especially stressful days, to protect the immune system.
2. Excellent Source of Potassium:
- As already mentioned, lemons have a high potassium content, which is good for heart health, as well as for brain and nerve function.
3. Digestion Aid:
- Lemon juice not only encourages healthy digestion by loosening toxins in the digestive tract.
- It also helps relieve symptoms of indigestion, such as heartburn, belching and bloating.
4. Eliminate Toxins:
- It helps eliminate toxins in your body by improving the function of the enzyme, stimulating your liver.
5. Relieves Dental Pains:
- Drinking lemon juice or using it as a gargle helps relieve toothaches and gingivitis.
- However, care must be taken with its use because citric acid can erode tooth enamel.
- Avoid brushing your teeth before or after drinking lemon juice.
6. Take Care of the Skin:
- The antioxidants in lemon juice help not only reduce imperfections, but also wrinkles.
- You can also apply this juice without sweetener to scars and age spots to reduce its appearance.
- If you consume this juice every day, it will serve as a blood detoxifier, it will keep the glow of your skin.
7. It Helps You Lose Weight.
- Contains pectin fiber, which helps fight cravings for hunger
8. Reduce Inflammation:
- If you drink lemon water regularly, the acidity in your body will decrease, which is where the disease states occur.
- Eliminates uric acid in your joints, which is one of the main causes of inflammation.
9. It Gives You Energy:
- Lemon juice provides energy to your body when it enters the digestive tract.
- It also helps reduce anxiety and depression.
- Even the scent of lemons has a calming effect on your nervous system.
10. It Works as a Substitute for Coffee:
- Replacing the morning coffee with a glass of lemon juice can be very beneficial for your health.
- Lower levels of anxiety and dependence caused by caffeine.
- It will act as a natural relaxant and calm your nerves, if you replace the daily cup of coffee with a juice of lemon.
- It helps fight viral infections.
11. Combat Viral Diseases:
- Warm lemon water is the most effective way to reduce viral infections and subsequent sore throats.
- In addition, with lemon juice it also increases your immune system.
- Simultaneously it will fight the infection completely.
12. Clean the Intestine:
- Drinking a cup of warm water with the juice of a fasting lemon will help us activate the intestines, improving their pumping, as well as cleaning and disinfecting the entire intestinal tract.
- This therapy also detoxifies the liver.
13. Prevents the Reproduction of Tumors:
- Lemon juice has components that prevent the division of cancer cells, so it would be convenient to include it in our daily diet as a prevention as well as being a powerful antioxidant.
- It is recommended to consume this juice before breakfast.
14. Eliminates Stones in The Liver and Gallbladder:
- To do this you have to take half a glass of olive oil with the juice of several lemons.
- We must do it when we go to bed and another when we wake up in the morning, then a purgative that can be Epson’s salts to say goodbye to stones and sand.
15. Take Care of The Brain and Nervous System:
- In the shell there is tengeretin, a phytonutrient that is effective against disorders of the brain and nervous system, such as parkinson’s.
- It is convenient, therefore, to drink juice of lemon with little sweetener three times a day.
16. Balance the pH:
- Although lemon is acidic, it has an alkalizing effect on the body, so it is very beneficial to take it unsweetened to balance acids.
17. Avoid Eye Disorders:
- Routine phytonutrient helps to improve the symptoms of eye disorders, including diabetic retinopathy.
- Consumption in natural juice or with water without sugar.
18. Hypertension and Arteriosclerosis:
- Due to its beneficial effects on the cardiovascular system.
- These beneficial properties are due to the fact that lemon citric acid dissolves toxic substances from the blood and helps to eliminate the fat that hinders the work of the heart.
- In these cases, it is advisable to drink half a glass of water mixed with juice fasting.
How to Prepare Lemon Juice?
- To prepare the lemon juice you simply need a glass with about 200 ml of time water and the juice of half a lemon.
- Do not sweeten it with anything.
- Maybe the juice of half a lemon is strong at the beginning, you can start by adding less lemon and gradually increase it until you reach half a lemon.
How and When to Drink Lemon Juice?
- It is best to drink it slowly in the morning on an empty stomach for a maximum of two weeks.
- Then rest for several days and you can take it again if you need it.
- However, if for any reason you could not take it on an empty stomach in the morning, you can take it 30 minutes before meals.